The Rooke Theatre is home to the Theatre Arts department. Built in 1966, it was renamed in 1977 the Alice Withington Rooke Laboratory Theatre to honor the mother of trustee Dorothy Rooke McCullough (class of 1950). The Rooke Theatre seats 192 in an intimate wood-paneled theatre. The stage is 25 feet wide, with 22 line sets in the fly loft and a fully equipped shop directly upstage. There is also a black box theater for classes and student-produced work.